1. About this policy:
This policy is not a contract, it is a series of commitments to which we are obliged when it comes to protecting and using your personal information.
2. Your consent:
We can retain your personal data and use it only upon your consent or other lawful basis. When asking for your consent, we will clearly mention and indicate where we will be using your personal data.
3. Copyright notice:
This document, and all content of our websites is Copyright© Egypt Trotter. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
4. About us:
5. Our commitment:
We believe that your journey starts from our website, and therefore we care about your privacy and every information related to it. This policy aims to clarify our usage of your personal data, and it will be constantly updated knowing that our approach is always customer centric.
6. Our customers:
– Booking or inquiring about booking travel services with or through us; or
– The recipients of any travel services booked with or through us (e.g. you are the passenger for a booking or booking inquiry made by someone else for you); or
– Customers or potential customers or recipients of travel services that can be booked with or through us.
7. Examples of who this policy covers :
(1) – Individuals who are making any inquiry or booking with us or through us, and individuals in respect of whom any inquiry or booking is made (such as friends, family members, and tour group members, and officers and employees of businesses and organisations booking with or through us);
(2)- Individuals in respect of whom any inquiry or booking is made with us
(3)- Where our customer is a business or organisation, employees or individuals who are acting as representatives of that business or other organisation, and individuals connected to that business or other organisation, such as owners, partners, shareholders, and directors;
(4)- Individuals whose personal data from other companies in our group (such as where you have consented to your personal data being disclosed to other group companies for marketing purposes).
8. Terms used in this policy:
When we refer to “processing” of your personal data, this includes obtaining, recording, storing or holding your personal data, and anything we do with it, such as organizing, adapting or altering it, retrieving, consulting or using it, disclosing it or otherwise making it available to others, combining it with other data, and blocking, erasing or destroying it.
When we refer to “travel services” this covers all products and services which may be booked with or through us, such as bespoke holidays, package holidays, accommodation, tours, transport and transfers (whether by air, coach, bus, train, ferry, taxi or other means), car hire, cruises, and charters, and it includes both:
(1)- All such products and services which we supply or operate ourselves (including where we sub-contract); and
(2)- Any such products and services provided by a third party which we book for you (acting as agent for you or that third party). Travel services also includes any services we or a third party provide in association with travel, such as obtaining visas, foreign exchange, and providing local representatives and support.
9. What types of personal data we may process:
This is information concerning you as a natural or legal person that you have voluntarily communicated to Egypt Trotter via the various Channels of Communication and which is essential to the design and execution of your trip in the best possible way, such as :
– Social networking contact details,
– Proofs of identity and address, copies of passports, driving licences, and utility bills,
– Card and other payment details, and financial information,
– Health information relevant to your planned travel and travel insurances held,
– Results of searches carried out against you (such as to verify your identity, address, and credit status),
– Your preferences,
– Frequent flyer or travel partner programme affiliation and member number; and
– Any other information provided to us by or in relation to you which concerns you as an individual.
We inform you that the information that must be obligatorily provided to Egypt Trotter is marked visibly with an asterisk on our website (hereinafter, “the Site”). Information not marked with an asterisk is optional. For any contact on your part, by telephone or in an agency, your adviser will indicate the essential information he or she requires.
10. How is your personal data is collected :
a- Personal data is directly collected when you :
– Make a booking of arrangements.
– Filing in any field or form on a website.
– Filling in any printed form we provide you with.
– Request a quote for arrangements;
– Subscribe to our newsletter or other publications.
– Enter a competition, promotion or survey;
– Give us some feedback; or
– Use our online payment and client portals.
– Information concerning any accounts, registrations, or memberships with us, or participation in any loyalty program.
b- Personal data is indirectly collected when you :
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, to improve your experience on our website.
The information we collect from the cookies are set as below :
– The type of internet browser you use
– The type of operating system and device you use to access the service;
– The domain name of your internet service provider;
– The web page you came from;
– The country of residence and your language;
– The pages and options you visit and access on our Sites.
– The length of visit to website and pages and the response time of the pages.
– The page interaction information (such as scrolling, keys pressed, mouse clicks, touches, and mouse-overs).
11. What is a Cookie?
A cookie, or tracker, is a text file that allows Egypt Trotter to identify the device in which it is stored during the period of validity or registration of the cookie. During your navigation on the Site, Egypt Trotter may record, in a dedicated space on the hard disk of your device (computer, tablet or Smartphone), one or more cookies through the Internet browser you are using and according to the cookie settings you have selected on your browser.This information includes the following :
– The type of internet browser you use.
– The type of operating system and device you use to access the service.
– The domain name of your internet service provider.
– The web page you came from.
– The country of residence and your language.
– The pages and options you visit and access on our Sites.
12. What do we use your personal data for?
a- Responding to your requests.
When you contact Egypt Trotter via the various aforementioned Channels of Communication, your personal data may be collected for the following purposes:
1- The provision of access to the Site and access to your dedicated customer area to enable you, in particular, to consult your quotes and/or any information relating to your travels. Also managing any accounts or registrations you have with our websites and making changes to your settings and profile at your request.
2- The execution of the requests that you have made on the Site or through the other Channels of Communication (booking with our partners, and to fulfill, provide, perform, administer, manage, and enforce all bookings, orders, drawing up your sales contract, monitoring the performance of the services of your trip, monitoring all requests from you in respect of your trip, including after the return of your trip and to process any transactions authorized or made with us which relate to you,).
3- To collect and make payments due and administer our accounts. This is necessary for the preparation of any contract between us.
4- The sending of information letters (newsletters) and any other documentation (brochures in particular) that you have requested.
5- Answering your questions.
6- Inform you of new trips or similar services that may be of interest to you.
7- Deal with requests and complaints made by or about yourself in connection with the trip.
b- Producing statistics and business improvement :
In the context of improving our services, the personal data concerning you collected by Egypt Trotter may also be used for the following purposes:
1- The realization of statistical calculations concerning in particular the frequentation of the Site.
2- The carrying out of surveys and polls.
3- To conduct studies and research in order to improve your experience with Egypt Trotter
4- To carry out other business development and improvement activities
5-Undertake product or customer research/development;
6-To assist us in and help us to improve our sales,
7-To report aggregate information concerning usage of our websites to our advertisers in case any. This is created in an anonymous way where statistical data about browsing actions and patterns are identified, and do not identify any individual.
c- For marketing operations
Your data may also be used for commercial purposes:
1- Management of any subscription and unsubscription to newsletters at your request.
2- Communication of information relating to Egypt Trotter and its partners: news, products and services, commercial prospecting and personalized offers.
3- It could be also used for editorial, advertising and marketing processes
13. For whom?
a. Egypt Trotter and its partners
We wish to inform you that in order to enable the purposes mentioned points in regards the data collection above to be carried out, your data may be stored, processed and transferred to subsidiaries and/or partners of Egypt Trotter, in particular to suppliers of reserved services (hotels, transporters, etc.) or technical service providers (IT, hosting, email distribution, online payment service provider, etc.).
Our subsidiaries and/or partners undertake to use your personal data only to carry out certain tasks that are essential for the fulfilment of the purposes mentioned in the points above, in strict compliance with your personal data protection rights and in accordance with the legislation in force.
b. Non-partner third parties
Egypt Trotter undertakes not to transfer or sell your personal data to non-partner third parties. We do not communicate any personal data to agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
If the law, a state authority or a judge should compel Egypt Trotter to communicate personal data concerning you, Egypt Trotter undertakes, insofar as possible, to notify you (unless Egypt Trotter is not authorized to do so, particularly in view of the legal or judicial obligations that may be incumbent upon it).
Please note that if any application is made through us for any travel or other insurance to cover you, we will pass your personal data on to the insurer. Information provided by you may be put on to a register of claims and shared with other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims.
Finally, we may purchase or merge or be purchased by another company or dispose of all or part of our assets. In such a case, your personal data may be communicated to another company, but this communication will be subject to the privacy and cookie protection policy in force.
14. Our security measures:
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure your information and to protect it against unauthorized or unlawful use and accidental loss or destruction, including:
– Only sharing and providing access to your information to the minimum extent necessary, subject to confidentiality restrictions where appropriate, and on an anonymized basis wherever possible;
– Using secure servers to store your information;
– Using X software or other similar encryption technologies to encrypt your personal and payment transactions
Transmission of information over email is not secure, and if you submit any information to us over the internet by email you do so entirely at your own risk. We cannot be responsible for any costs, expenses, loss of profits, harm to reputation, damages, liabilities or any other form of loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your decision to transmit information to us by email.
184 Main Street East Perl Habour 8007
Mon – Sat 8.00 – 18.00 Sunday CLOSED
London is a megalopolis of people, ideas and frenetic energy. The capital and largest city of the United Kingdom.